Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embarrassing local accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we were last house shopping in Toronto , I took a quick look at a stone house with vaulted ceilings in the process of being built next door to the For Sale sign. The son was building it and during our talk his father ( an experienced builder but well into his retirement, was using a table-saw in the background. During the cutting, the saw jerked and accidentally the man cut of his whole finger and they drove off to the hospital with blood spurting out. I still think of that incident when I see similar homes.
NEW Toronto average house price hits $1.052 million record up 12.9 per cent year over year.

During the cutting, the saw jerked and accidentally the man cut of his whole finger
most of these accidents can be avoided if using saw with PROPERLY adjusted rivet knife, it prevents wood to grip to blade. There is no man who can resists kickback which occurs when saw blade grips at full speed at wood, it's like missile. Some table-saws are not installed with rivet knife, but this can be ''replaced'' with wooden stick or even knife which is placed at sawline behind blade, better than nothing. I've myself experienced kickback, damm that blank literally flied, that was good reminder for me. Rivet knife is that what this guy is holding on its hand, very good safety measure and personally haven't found single situation when it's getting to way.

03-Riv.Knife.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back