Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bit of local 'action' near work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Just in case anyone is interested?, here's a local site with a couple of webcams near where I work.

**broken link removed**

It's for a new supermarket development, in an old quarry, plus a bypass road for the town centre.

Camera 1 is pointing back towards the new supermarket, camera 2 is the site of the bridge they are building across the river - which is going VERY slowly.

Notice that the two supports for the bridge are offset, the bridge will go across at an angle - unfortunately both the prefabricated supports, and the prefabricated bridge, are made to go straight across :p Apparently the bridge is being modified at the factory, and the supports have been 'jack hammered' ready to make it fit.

Notice the railway line at the far left of camera 2, this is an old closed line that now runs steam trains (Peak Rail) - it's costing a LOT because of this. On camera 1 there are two big walls (to support another bridge) either side of a dip in the ground - the steam line is going down the dip to get under the new road.

They are also planning building 350 new houses on the site, which is why the road you can see goes off to the left.

You wouldn't beleive how many years this has been planned!.

hi,
I see today, that Sainsburys reported sales are down on the predicted forecast.

Perhaps it the cost of the 'jack hammer'.:D

I dont think Matlock Bath will be the same with the bypass, I used to enjoy the scenery while sitting in the towns traffic jam at rush hour.
Its a long time ago, but I have many fond memories of Matlock,,, they call it progress.;)

ericgibbs said:
hi,
I see today, that Sainsburys reported sales are down on the predicted forecast.

Perhaps it the cost of the 'jack hammer'.:D

I dont think Matlock Bath will be the same with the bypass, I used to enjoy the scenery while sitting in the towns traffic jam at rush hour.
Its a long time ago, but I have many fond memories of Matlock,,, they call it progress.;)

I don't know as it's going to make that much difference?, it's really only bypassing Crown Square in Matlock - but the roundabout probably backs the traffic right back through Matlock Bath?.

I don't know if you remember?, but as you come down Dale Road the road turns sharp right, over a bridge, and in to the Crown Square roundabout. Instead of turning right the road will go straight on, past the railway station, and join the A6 as you leave Matlock. The old bridge from Crown Square will become one way, only for leaving Matlock towards Matlock Bath - and the roundabout will be changed to traffic lights.

What about the Mega-Mosque that the Muslims want to build in London? CNN aired a mini-documentary on that controversial plan. Been reading about it on the net too. Apparently London is considered by many to be the mosque capitol of Europe, containing the most mosques of any western city. I never realized it was that large of a sect of people there.

HiTech said:
What about the Mega-Mosque that the Muslims want to build in London? CNN aired a mini-documentary on that controversial plan. Been reading about it on the net too. Apparently London is considered by many to be the mosque capitol of Europe, containing the most mosques of any western city. I never realized it was that large of a sect of people there.

Never heard of it! - we don't follow what the southerners are up to! :p

You aren't aware of that national issue? I thought it was well on it's way to dividing many Britains (Britons?) on the issue of the increasing Muslim influence in your country. There have been deomnstrations by by both sides as well as many "man-in-the-street" interviews, even with suspected and well-known radical Muslim leaders there.

HiTech said:
You aren't aware of that national issue? I thought it was well on it's way to dividing many Britains (Britons?) on the issue of the increasing Muslim influence in your country. There have been deomnstrations by by both sides as well as many "man-in-the-street" interviews, even with suspected and well-known radical Muslim leaders there.

It's probably the American media trying to stir up trouble?, I've never even heard of it?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Never heard of it! - we don't follow what the southerners are up to! :p

Also never heard of this, I'll check it out.

Nigel, from my perspective ' Londoners' are Northerners or should I say honorary Northerners.

Nigel isn't even a northerner, he lives in the east midlands therefore he's a midlander. :D

Hero999 said:
Nigel isn't even a northerner, he lives in the east midlands therefore he's a midlander. :D

hi hero,
I think you are in the Bedford area?
Know it well/did, stationed at RAF Cardington in the 1950, happy days:)

If I travel 500mtrs South I am in Portsmouth harbour, so relatively speaking that makes you also a Northerner:p

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back