Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric scheme to PCB layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Hi to all.

How can I make the electric scheme to a PCB layout scheme? For example I place all the components and directly export it as PCB layout scheme. I'm not sure how the process is called but I've been reading topics on etching.

**broken link removed**

I want this result. I have Eagle from CadSoft but I haven't managed to find how it's made - the PCB layout. If you have experience with this, please share and the software doesn't have to be Eagle - any software.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Last edited:
After the schematic is finished you just type in: "board;"

Eagle will ask you if the board should be created from the schematic (what a silly question?).

Click "yes" and the display changes to the board view. You'll see a white frame (dimension layer) and all components left of the box.

"Group" all components and "move" them into the frame. Then position each part as you like it.

All elements are connected with "air wires". Thereafter start routing the traces.

Note: Your JPEG image shows the bottom layer mirrored. When creating the board you'll get a "look-through" view of the board.

Remark: The maximum board size for Eagle light (free version) is 100X80mm. You can not use any space beyond this "border". Doing so you'll receive an error message. You can always reduce the board size by moving the frame into the desired direction. Don't move beyond X/Y zero coordinates.

Boncuk

As, after you select parts and complete schematics (Cadence Orcad 10.5), the first thing is to verify schematics, then assign the footprints and then create a netlist. After that you go to Layout, you define the board size and shape. After that you define the constraints i.e. define track width(according to Signal type i.e high frequency/ High current etc), track to track, track to pad, pad to pad, pad to via, via to track parameters.

After that you define the layer padstacks, components padstack and the number of layers to be used. For your case it will be bottom layer only. if jumpers are required then define Top layer to act as jumper layer. As you complete routing run Design Check Rule (DRC). As drc verifies produce Gerber files and take a look of it in any Gerbview software.

Take the prints out (Mirrored view) or you can develop a film from any screen printer to develop your pcb. Etch the board in Ferric chloride solution. A common mistake often found in such boards is that too thin tracks have often dicountinuties or have a higher impedance so a general rule to be followed is that track width should not be less than 25mils. Or if you pcb design constraints are tight (track width less than 20 mils, SMD components etc etc) enough better to consult a low cost PCB manufacturer. Hope this would help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back