Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

e-bike alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjaminmadison

Greetings All!
Here is a device I need that I have not been able to find in stores. It seems like it should be simple but it's too difficult for a non-electronics person like me to figure out.

I ride an e-bike. I park it beside the house and plug it in to recharge it every night. The extension cord leading to the charger is plugged into the wall in my bedroom.

What I want is an alarm that will sound a buzzer if someone disconnects the electricity to the charger (while trying to steal the bike). That is, an alarm that will sound inside my bedroom if someone pulls the plug that connects the extension cord to the charger (outside). The bike is normally locked and chained up but thieves here are very determined and may decide one night to cut the chain and carry the bike away to deal with the wheel lock later. However, they cannot carry the bike away without disconnecting the electricity so that is the alarm that will provide the best protection. What do I need to build a buzzer that will sound when the power through the extension cord is interrupted?

Incidentally, when the charger has charged the battery it doesn't shut off but it does go into low power mode so there are two states that are ok - high power charging and low power charging completed. I want the alarm to go off only when there is no power passing through the connection.

**broken link removed** or something like that will do.
Beside you can try building or buying an indicator for phone line use - same thing lights light when is drop on a voltage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back