Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dumore D3 dental lathe restoration project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd tie the coil and soak it in varnish anyway, to prevent any possible vibration wearing though the insulation between turns.
Then remove the ties.

The outer tape then protects it from the metalwork and holds in the trailing connections, again isolating any friction or vibration from the single strand wire.

That wick ( hope that is the correct name for it) is attached to the spring and immersed in that little cylinder full of oil ( it lubricates the motor shaft while in use I believe). Where would I find wicks suitable for that purpose? If I wanted to replace the spring do I just need one with the same lenght/diameter?

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 114
That wick ( hope that is the correct name for it) is attached to the spring and immersed in that little cylinder full of oil ( it lubricates the motor shaft while in use I believe). Where would I find wicks suitable for that purpose? If I wanted to replace the spring do I just need one with the same lenght/diameter?

Why would you want to replace it? You seem to be doing things to this just to be doing things. Those wicks were usually made of wool felt, back in the day.

Why would you want to replace it? You seem to be doing things to this just to be doing things. Those wicks were usually made of wool felt, back in the day.
I tough it might be a good idea since they are pretty filthy and old as well. Somebody did put grease in the cylinders instead of lubricating oil and the wick is pretty nasty. Should I just put new oil in the cylinder and use the old wick or replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back