Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know where can i get this transformer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i will solder it back then and see if it works

Dude , i wanted to redesign a new circuit , i had never seen a This small SMPS in a phone charger. If i wanted a cell phone charger why would i have come to this site eh !

People come to this site with all sorts of requests.

Can you tell us the capacitance and voltage of the three electrolytic capacitors? If any have a voltage rating of over 200 V, it is a switch mode power supply.

The design of transformers in SMPSs are so dependent on the design of the electronics that it isn't possible to have standard ones.

A conventional transformer's design really depends on the power and the output voltage only, so manufacturers can make a range of powers, and in each power rating a range of voltages. They might make 100 different types, and they can test each type and put the results in the data sheets.

On an SMPS transformer, there are loads of other considerations, such as switching frequency, what auxiliary windings are needed, how much stray inductance there is. That makes it just about impossible for there to be standard designs, and the power supply manufactures would probably want to change the transformer designs during development.

What you can get are the ferrite cores, such as this https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/80931.pdf which you can get from https://in.element14.com/1422748. It then need windings, and suitable insulation.

Designing the windings on a transformer like that is complicated. When I tried, the largest problem was stray inductance, and the better coupling of the auxiliary winding that the secondary to the primary.

Can you tell us the capacitance and voltage of the three electrolytic capacitors? If any have a voltage rating of over 200 V, it is a switch mode power supply.

There isn't the slightest doubt it a swithmode supply, I'm absolutely amazed that any members here would even thing such a thing?.

There isn't the slightest doubt it a switchmode supply, I'm absolutely amazed that any members here would even thing such a thing?.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am not an expert in the subject but looking at the pictures in early posts I Googled 15.1992.505-22 as it is indicated on the PCB and it found a Chinese Forum. Using Google translate is pointing to the Nokia AC-3c charger which in turn points to this device which is not worth 46 posts really...

Mike

Last edited:
My local surplus electronic products store sold thousands of Name Brand SMPS certified 5V/2A tiny power supplies (made for modems) for less than TWO DOLLARS EACH! I bought a few of them and inside is a trimpot where you can vary the regulated output voltage a lot.

People come to this site with all sorts of requests.

The design of transformers in SMPSs are so dependent on the design of the electronics that it isn't possible to have standard ones.

A conventional transformer's design really depends on the power and the output voltage only, so manufacturers can make a range of powers, and in each power rating a range of voltages. They might make 100 different types, and they can test each type and put the results in the data sheets.

On an SMPS transformer, there are loads of other considerations, such as switching frequency, what auxiliary windings are needed, how much stray inductance there is. That makes it just about impossible for there to be standard designs, and the power supply manufactures would probably want to change the transformer designs during development.

What you can get are the ferrite cores, such as this https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/80931.pdf which you can get from https://in.element14.com/1422748. It then need windings, and suitable insulation.

Designing the windings on a transformer like that is complicated. When I tried, the largest problem was stray inductance, and the better coupling of the auxiliary winding that the secondary to the primary.
it is SMPS as voltage ratings of capacitors are 625V
you r links are very discriptive.. now i see why designing SMPS is difficult. instaed i should contact manufacturers that can give me suitable ratings and dimensions

My local surplus electronic products store sold thousands of Name Brand SMPS certified 5V/2A tiny power supplies (made for modems) for less than TWO DOLLARS EACH! I bought a few of them and inside is a trimpot where you can vary the regulated output voltage a lot.
Do you have pictures of them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back