Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DMM Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could always just take a battery and resistor and hook it up to a diode and just measure the voltage across the diode

and you know, there is a chance that it does diode test anyway. usually diode test and the beeping continuity test share a dial position, and i find it hard to believe that it doesn't have either of those features, as they are very common...

Are you positive that it doesnt have a diode tester?
I would think it would, my cheepo DMM that I got for free with my order to web tronics has this.

That one has a bunch of neat features (True RMS, RS232 connection, auto ranging) you would think that they could throw in a simple diode tester.

EDIT: oops just looked at the catalog page for it, I guess they didnt think it was necessary for diode checking...pretty dumb if you ask me.

Moe2255 said:
I found a Digital Multimeter from Jameco (Metex-3860D) that has every thing I want, except diode test.

Is there a way to test diodes, without this feature on the DMM.

Link: http://jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores...toreId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=121281

Thanks

well this shows you are getting the Metex 3860D multimeter.
Here are the real specs..

**broken link removed**[NHTEXT21.gif]

If the page doesnt work just google for Metex and look up model 3860D.

This meter does NOT have diode test..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back