Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Direccional Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastX

Hi there!
I'm a newbi at this forum but i'll try do explain myself the best i can.

I don't know if anyone knows a circuit of a direccional microphone...
Its something that can "hears" a conversation (for example) a fez Km's Miles away.

The circuit can have a antena or just simply made with microphones.

I hope for some help.

Its not that much to do with the circuit. To do this (though i'm not sure why you want to) you should use something like a parabolic dish. There are directional electret capsules around, but the dish is still better. A shotgun mic can work well too, but I don't think its feesable as DIY.

With circuitry, you just need a high gain mic amp, and some filtering should help you.

A high powered rock concert can't project its sound more than about one km. What do you want to hear that is kms or miles away?

You need to get closer to hear anything.
A radio transmitter situated right there where the sound is coming from could transmit to a radio.

FastX said:
I don't know if anyone knows a circuit of a direccional microphone...
Its something that can "hears" a conversation (for example) a fez Km's Miles away.
The circuit can have a antena or just simply made with microphones.

What you are describing is a long-range transmitter. You will need an antenna as well as a microphone. Attach the microphone as close to the conversation source as possible.

What you are looking for was published in Elektor magazine in July-August 2002 Issue. Search www.elektor-electronics.co.uk for detailed article on "directional microphone". I don't know if it works for miles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back