Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design an avr based power meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangezi

How do i go about this design. im confused ,i need a hint.

The meter must do the following

1. Measure input voltage, current and power for a test circuit.

2. Be a reliable, high-precision device

3. Be a low-power battery operated device

4.Provide a PC interface (details below)

o The connection must be via USB

o The GUI must provide a virtual instrument that resembles your meter (similar displays and
controls)

o The GUI must allow the user to specify an extended averaging period. This will allow him view the average power consumption over a specified long duration (eg. two minutes)

That's a pretty ambitious project. Sounds like it needs to be microprocessor based. Are you familiar with those?

At crutshow ,i am not familiar with the microprocessor but that what i will be using in this design .if you can help me on that, i will be very grateful. I want to use c programing

First you need to draw a block diagram of all the various functions to be performed and how the signals flow between them. Then you need to do a detailed design for what's in each block.

If you don't know microprocessors then you certainly need to learn about them. Do you know how to program in C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back