Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC Converter (Miniature Remote Control Solar Car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solar power cars are NOT efficient in harnessing power. That is why I would use a 12D (jumbo size) battery with 14 inch modulators for that extra juice and power. Of course, you are going to have to find out a way to connect these large heavy duty batteries to the little solar car. Also, you should get 5 inch quadrum wheels to give it a lighter touch so that it can run more smoothly without friction. That should help your solar car run better. PLUS! GET LOTS OF LIGHT! :wink: You are going to need that.

THE WORLD ENDS AT EXACTLY 5:12:34 PM on December the 17th.

We die a little more each day, but on December the 17th, we all die.

gurgalesci said:
THE WORLD ENDS AT EXACTLY 5:12:34 PM on December the 17th.

We die a little more each day, but on December the 17th, we all die.

Which time zone? Or is each time zone destroyed independently as they hit 5:12PM?

Hi there,

After all the guidance and teachings from you guys...As attached is the present circuit which will be used for the Charging Circuit 1.

In the meantime, I hope that this would be a great news as we are now given a better solar panel for this project. The solar panel will reach our hands by next week and I run a test on it to plot the IV Characteristic of it. However, according to the datasheet of the solar panel, its output voltage is 7.5V whereas the current at load is 150mA.

(The one earlier was: output voltage = 7.5V, current at load = 40mA)

:arrow: With reference to the attached circuit, the value of the inductor and capacitor is still under consideration. Is it true that proper selection of the inductance and capacitance value can only be done through testing to see the ripple? Or calculations can be done? :oops: Nway, I'm working on it to get it done as soon as possible, thanks.

:arrow: I'm still searching for the appropriate NMOS transistor for the MOSFET.

Attachments

• charging_circuit_1.jpg
    charging_circuit_1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 618
Gather 'round and listen to the tale of the End of the World. It all began at the Pumonkey Convention of 1854. A well known scientist and astrologist, Herbert Fabio van Stooben, had made a world braking discovery. This amazing discovery was the date of the End of the World. And this is how he found it:

By measuring the circumference of the moon each night, he found that it was approximately shrinking by .0000000000001 mm each night. 'Twas the beginning of a new era, the Era of Beginning. This was the start of the quest for knowledge and discovery...the discovery of the End of the World.

As van Stooben continued to study he also found that the world was heating up by .00000001 degree Celcius each day. After making calculations, he found that at December 17th, it would all be too much. The moon too far would fling the Earth out of place and the heat would burn us all. We will fling to the Sun, and without an ozone layer, we will burn.

Thus, ends my tale of Herbert Fabio van Stooben. And it is independently. Each time zone that hits the time will die. :twisted:

gurgalesci said:
As van Stooben continued to study he also found that the world was heating up by .00000001 degree Celcius each day. After making calculations, he found that at December 17th, it would all be too much. The moon too far would fling the Earth out of place and the heat would burn us all. We will fling to the Sun, and without an ozone layer, we will burn.

So it's the end of the world as we know it? Funny, I feel fine.

Hi there,

I would like to ask about something that I've miss-out in developing the DC/DC converter. Recently, I come across something called operating the converter under continuous mode or discontinuous mode. But I don't really get what is/are the differences between these two. Do you guys mind to brief me on this matter? Please?

Thanks in advance...

Need advice...

Hi, hope you guys don't mind to throw me some opinions.

Now it seems that my boost DC/DC converter is not practical or "not being a useful device if manufactured" as I obtain advice from Klaus that I shouldn't do this, which I think his words are very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back