Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC/DC Converter (Miniature Remote Control Solar Car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for a quick reply :D

Real sorry for my nonsense about the connection :oops:

As attached is a simple diagram, just to reconfirm. Is the diagram what you mean? Does it mean that I leave both cathode of the battery and cathode of the solar panel hanging? Need not connect to anything? :oops:

Errr... :oops: Got the feeling that I'm going to get scolding from u for asking this....sorry :(

Attachments

• anode.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 181
devonsc said:

As attached is a simple diagram, just to reconfirm. Is the diagram what you mean? Does it mean that I leave both cathode of the battery and cathode of the solar panel hanging? Need not connect to anything? :oops:

Errr... :oops: Got the feeling that I'm going to get scolding from u for asking this....sorry :(

Oops! - no diagram!.

I think you already know the answer! - the negatives of the battery and panel obviously need connecting together :lol:

And I don't 'scold' people! - I might break an occasional arm or leg, but never 'scold'!.

there is an annoying problem with the graphing site..
once you put all your data in and create the graph..
thats it..
a BACK click on your broser wipes out your data..

Hi there, whaow! you were fast in checking my replies, sorry about that diagram, I forgotten and posted one later on. But I guess thats a wrong one..heres another to reconfirm the connection. :oops:

Attachments

• corrected_diagram.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 184
devonsc said:

deavon ... i am not seeing your diagram..

The diagram is there now...the latest diagram is the one entitled : corrected diagram

Do you manage to download it? Need advice, any problem again with the connection?

devonsc said:
The diagram is there now...the latest diagram is the one entitled : corrected diagram

Do you manage to download it? Need advice, any problem again with the connection?
all i see is text

Wilib? It's suppose to be a simple block diagram that shows the connection on how am i suppose to check out the charging current.

Is the block diagram right?

Well, I will post the result in here right after I managed to find out the answer later. Thanks again.

if you do this it should work ...
have your graph on the screen..
do a ctrl print screen..
go to MS paint
select your picture with the dotted box just below edit..
then go to edit select cut..
go to file select new.. then ' NO'
back to edit select paste
back to file select save as...
select Jpg and add a file name..
now you have your file saved..be sure you know where you saved it to or else you'll never find it again..
go back to the electo tech forums click add attachment
click browse.. click on your file click preview
click submit..

Attachments

• untitled_967.jpg
    untitled_967.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 548
The simple block diagram, showing the connection to check the charging current :)

Thanks...

Attachments

• untitled_645.jpg
    untitled_645.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 552
Real sorry as I do not have the link to the solar panel that I've bought. I've bought the solar panel in a local company without any specification sheet and according to the technician, there isn't any circuitry that comes together with the solar panel :(

devonsc said:
Real sorry as I do not have the link to the solar panel that I've bought. I've bought the solar panel in a local company without any specification sheet and according to the technician, there isn't any circuitry that comes together with the solar panel :(
does it have a name.?

Btw, would like to ask if theres any recommended books or websites that I can read up or refer to analyze a specific circuit? Any books that teaches analyzing a circuit from scratch?

I believe its going to be real hard for me to ask questions regarding the function of certain portion in a circuit through a forum :(

:oops: errr....theres no name nor brand.
they just call it

12V Car Battery Charger :(

:oops: errr....I guess this is not the right way purchasing components...buying stuffs without specification sheet and all. But I was thinking that it's cheap and it comes with a 12 months warranty, so I decided to buy from this company

devonsc said:
Btw, would like to ask if theres any recommended books or websites that I can read up or refer to analyze a specific circuit? Any books that teaches analyzing a circuit from scratch?

I believe its going to be real hard for me to ask questions regarding the function of certain portion in a circuit through a forum :(
by analyze do you mean a circuit analysis program with output plots?

devonsc said:

Sorry, I'll re-phrase that: I mean, analyze as in there are certain portion of the circuit where I don't understand the need of the presence of certain capacitors as well as resistors. Erm...Anyway, I'll try "reading" the circuit again and again :(

*sigh* :( :oops: lots to learn...

Thanks again for you guys' support.

Enjoy urday in NJ :D

Would like to ask about the inputs of certain circuits, it seems like most of the time, the requirements stated for a specific input of a circuit that can be easily found on books as well as websites are only the voltage input.

Does this mean that one do not need to take the current supplied into consideration?

Sorry if this is another nonsense :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back