Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAEWOO SBS EASY MDL FR-S580DYB / S690DYB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilusha

Hi,
I burned an electronic component on a refrigerator card.
Is there a chance someone knows what number is listed here?
Or how can I find the full electric schema?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.00 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.00 (1).jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 285
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.00.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 295
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-23 at 14.04.31.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 297
I wouldn't have thought a schematic would be available, not even to the service agents, and probably not even to Daewoo (it's likely just a board supplied by a third party). Service procedure would be to replace the entire PCB.

It's also extremely unlikely that replacing the resistor would cure the problem anyway, most likely you've caused considerably more damage than that - it looks to be a switch-mode PSU, and faults tend to be pretty serious. As a minimum IC2 is likely blown, and R5 doesn't look good.

Also the electrolytic capacitor behind the heatsink looks to be "bulging" slightly, so that is probably on its way out .

JimB

Also the electrolytic capacitor behind the heatsink looks to be "bulging" slightly, so that is probably on its way out .

'Probably' not Jim, it's the reservoir capacitor, so will be high voltage and most likely only 85 degrees, you can't seem to buy 105 degree high voltage capacitors (at least not easily). I only mention the temperature, as people (like I did) will probably spend ages trying to find 105 degree ones.

However, those capacitors are VERY commonly slightly bulged when new, and it's not usually a sign of failure. They are also basically only low frequency (100/120Hz), so don't suffer the same failures as the high frequency capacitors in the rest of the PSU.

If you're repairing a PSU, and you have an ESR meter, then it's always worth testing it while you're doing - but it's rare to find a faulty one as such. It's one of those VERY unusual occasions where ESR doesn't matter much, but capacitance does - on the rare occasions they fail they go very low capacitance, or completely O/C - and depending on the exact circuit configuration this is often catastrophic to the rest of the PSU (although some seem to work pretty well, even with it completely O/C - usually just a faint hum bar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back