Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

countdown timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pweb

hello,
i would really appreciate some help to build a simple countdown lcd display. which hopefully will count down in days from up to 990 days down to 000 days and then stops{showing 000} . i want to be able to set the countdown intervals by a switch that will count up by 30 day lots. ie 30, 60, 90 days etc. then counts down 89, 88, 87 etc. every 24 hrs.
thanks

That is a good start to look at. But just to make things difficult does anyone have any thoughts about whether it is possibe to fit what i described within a circuit board 50mm length by 18mm wide by 6 mm high. with the screen size being 18mm by 7 mm layed longways at one end of the board

Last edited:
Probably easiest to do with a microprocessor, LCD and the switch (pushbutton?) that adds 30 days per push. Do you have an LCD in mind? How many do you plan to build? 50mm x 18mm x 6mm is reasonable for the circuitry, but finding an LCD that you like, in the right size might be hit or miss.

To build a module that thin, you'll probably need to mount a raw LCD on the front of a board and SMD parts on the back. An integrated LCD with controller is usually 6mm or more. I happen to have some 3-1/2 digit LCD panels but they are 75mm long x 50mm high x 2mm thick. They would display 999 quite nicely.

Timing accuracy might be your most challenging issue unless your unit will have regular access to 50/60 Hz power. If it's to run for 999 days, this probably isn't battery powered?

Last edited:
ok change of plans. i need someone to design and produce proto and then about 30 units. does anyone have any suggestions who i might employ for such a job. i dont know if anyone would bother with such a small job.
thanks.

Hi pweb,

chances are good to find an ecological niche manufacturer to do the PCB for you.

There are lots of one man companies. You just have to find them.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back