Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could use assistance on a timer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
another breadboard view

i have attached another view of the braedboard showing the tranisitor better

Attachments

• timer555-5.jpg
    timer555-5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 120
Are you using the red wire from the battery for + or -? Should be +, but you have it hooked up like it's -.

sorry, no i'm using two 9v battery clips together so that reverses the color code on one. blk is + and red is -

So what happens when you short the collector to emitter with a wire? Does the relay pull in?

when i jump the col emitter the relay goes on and stays on until i shut it down
could i be using a pnp instaed of an npn markings are bc540a

i changed the 555 to a new cmos one (my last one) no relay. when i jump collector and emitter relay energizes but releases when i remove the jumper

i changed the 555 to a new cmos one (my last one) no relay. when i jump collector and emitter relay energizes but releases when i remove the jumper

No relay, but the relay energizes?

by "no relay" i mean nothing happens when i turn on the circuit and bring pin to vcc. i'm wondering iof i could run this circuit on 12 volts. nothing would burn up would it?

Datasheetarchive.com does not list a BC540A transistor. What transistor did you use?

Yes, what exactly is that thing?

they're probably "floor sweepings " the new one i replaced is marked "4n2
410L 348" how's that. i bought them from jameco.

Nope. Nuh-uh. Sorry. Ain't gonna do it.

How can we help you fix your circuit when you have a no-name-brand unknown transistor?

What is the resistance of the 6V relay coil?

Pins 2 and 6 don't seem to be connected to that cap, check that.

pins 2 and 6 go to the 470k (replaced witha 10k) then a 1k then the diode connected to pin 3. pin 7 is connected to the 1k then 15k then 100uf cap

Take another look at what else the cap is connected to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back