Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

I was just wondering, since i have a very expensive 19th inch sony trinitron monitor that stop working. It does not turn on. The screen flickered a bit then died and has been dead ever since. What are the most common failures that would cause this. do you think its fixable. Someone told me that monitors are very dangerous to play with because of very high voltages.

cubdh23 said:
I was just wondering, since i have a very expensive 19th inch sony trinitron monitor that stop working. It does not turn on. The screen flickered a bit then died and has been dead ever since. What are the most common failures that would cause this. do you think its fixable. Someone told me that monitors are very dangerous to play with because of very high voltages.

I'm certain its fixable.. just about everything is for enough money & time.
If you are not experienced with working on them, I would not pursue fixing it yourself as a first DIY project. The high voltages can be dangerous.

The high voltages are upwards of 20Kv, definately something you don't want to mess with if you don't know what you are doing... The CRT itself can act as a very large capacitor, storing that charge as well.

also CRTs monitors are so dirt cheap nowdays.
i just bought (used) 19" samsung DN955 in excellent shape for $99 canadian. i was thinking of getting 21" for $100-130 for arcade project
but don't have time to this now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back