Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triac problem at startup

quincisoft

Hi, I use a small mac97a6 triac to control a small 10w LED lamp with a moc3021 photo coupler driven with an esp32 output. The problem happens when I power the triac circuit with 230 V for a moment the lamp turns on, but this does not always happen. I tried changing the Gate R (330 ohm) but nothing..... Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• triac.png
    triac.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 75
A trigger circuit of that type should be connected between A2 and gate, rather than A1.

(If it were a circuit that supplied a voltage such as a transformer based one, that would be between A1 and gate).

I presume it does this when the ESP32 is unpowered?, because if the ESP32 is powered it has some 'unusual' quirks with it's I/O pins, and you might be using one which triggers briefly on power up?.
yes,

Having noticed that the problem also occurred with the gate control circuit, I found this solution which seems work.
mio triac.png

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back