Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microscope problem

KevinW

My usb microscope stopped working, tried two different computers .
Does anyone recognize this component?

Attachments

• microscope.png
    microscope.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 112
Apparently, you're not using the scope for electronics.....

It's a tactile switch, surface mount, either about 6×6 or 12×12 mm.

Well I had been using it before it died. The light still works but the computer won't recognize it.
There really isn't much to it that I can see.
I can see that it is a switch now that you've pointed it out, thanks for that, it could be for taking pictures but I never used it.

The computer should be able to see the scope image? If so, there must be active parts to connect to the computer.

Does the computer show the scope in device manager (USB device) and make a beep when it's connected?

Try using a different proven USB cable.

It was just plug and play.
It appears in device manager and disappears when I unplug the usb cable which is part of the microscope.
It also beeps through the speaker.

Attachments

• scope.png
    scope.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
It appears in device manager and disappears when I unplug the usb cable
So the hand-shaking between microscope and computer seems ok. Perhaps a wire carrying the video signal has fractured?

That could be the problem, could that round plug be a splice just up from the usb connector?
I've been very careful using it, even built a wooden box to store it in.

I have been in contact with Andy, Andonstar tech and he attempted to get my microscope going and when we couldn't he sent me a new one free of charge and I'm back in business.
I offered to send the broken one back to him.
I'm really impressed with their customer service, not use to that.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back