Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer MIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everone.

I have just purchased a Omni-Directional Sub-Miniature Microphone from Maplins (Order code: FS43W) and attached some wire to the contacts and added a sterio jack to the other end. i pluged this into the computer but i get no sound. these are the sterio jack connections:

microphone neg |
microphone pos| | microphone pos

connections shown are inside the jack that you can solder the wires to

please help me. thanks:):D

Last edited:
There are many different types of microphones. I didn't look for yours (you should have provided a link to it) so maybe it is the wrong type for your computer.

You show an ASCII mess instead of a clear schematic of the "stereo" jack of your computer. The stereo jack might be for a line-level signal because a microphone is mono not stereo and needs a preamplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back