Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Competition #1: Most Imaginative Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification, 3V0.

Examples of how a capacitor or inductor could be used as input devices are as various sensors (e.g., volume, pressure, distance, field). Resistors, too, would fall in that category.

I think the distinction of I/O vs. circuit proper is workable, although nothing is perfect. John

Nigel can best answer the question about diodes and inductors. This contest is his idea and he is showing interest, so I will not speculate.

Really it's a matter of common sense, bearing in mind it's going to be judged, and anything which the judges consider are 'bending the rules' is going to result in lower marks.

Remember, the idea is to keep it cheap and simple.

I think it could be interesting to see what people could come up with as "interface components", maybe this could be a side competition. Does Vf of an LED vary with temperature?:)

Mike.

My innovative circuit uses two relays and five switches, and is within the parts limit set in the rules. I built it 21 years ago, and it still works to this day. I will put it to temperature testing this summer, to determine its coldest allowable operating temperature - going to the Rockies.
Not a simple circuit, and without intellectual property protection.

If I were to design a 'creative' way of loading data to the circuit, with, say, punch-cards, would the sensors used in the punch-card reader circuit count as an interface? What about a DC motor used in the reader?

Last edited:
Using limited components you must build the most imaginative electronics project. You can use any number and type of interface components (for example LEDs, Relays, Switches, speakers, mics, etc.), however you are limited to maximum of 4 transistors, 10 resistors, and 6 capacitors. You must have a decent amount of text explaining your project, any schematics and also a photo of the completed project.

was this the rules of this competition sir's

from the underline highlighted

we can use any numbers of interface components to be used as inputs and outputs right?

how about photo resistors to be used as input interface component will it be counted as 1 of the 10 resistors mentioned

thanks

Mmmm there have been a lot of new packages comes to the market which is quite doubtful what is inside.

There must be a list of interface components so the competitors can understand what to use. Otherwise this thread may be an endless thread.

im sorry i may have missed the deadline date. so how long do we have?:eek:

--Edit--
Pardon my tired eyes
18 june it is

Last edited:
was this the rules of this competition sir's

from the underline highlighted

we can use any numbers of interface components to be used as inputs and outputs right?
Yes :)
how about photo resistors to be used as input interface component will it be counted as 1 of the 10 resistors mentioned
thanks
There are various types of variable resistors that might be used as interface components. They do not count if-and-only-if you use them as an interface component.

A photo resistor used as an interface component does not count.

Gayan Soyza said:
Mmmm there have been a lot of new packages comes to the market which is quite doubtful what is inside.

There must be a list of interface components so the competitors can understand what to use. Otherwise this thread may be an endless thread.
It does not matter what is inside a package when used as an interface component. It will be counted if it is not used as an interface component. Be sure that interface devices are used as interfaces for your circuit.

As Nigel said earlier, use your common sense. A list would place limits on the contest that do not currently exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back