Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coax Modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I thought at first. I can understand how to do power by just DC coupling. But most of them translate RS485 into something, as well as video? Do they need to use modulators and demoduators? WHat frequencies would be split?

Easiest way is to use an RF carrier, for example a Sky satellite receiver sends out both DC (to power a 'magic eye' or amplifier) and a UHF TV signal to feed a TV. At the same it also receives an HF signal carrying the remote control data from the 'magis eye'.

i see, so using capacitors and some modulators, i can modulate the frequency of comms one way to a certain frequency, comms the other way to another, and the video signal to a uhf frequency, finally the power can be dc coupled in? is there any way to modulate many video signals on together?

i see, so using capacitors and some modulators, i can modulate the frequency of comms one way to a certain frequency, comms the other way to another, and the video signal to a uhf frequency, finally the power can be dc coupled in? is there any way to modulate many video signals on together?

Stick them on different carrier frequencies - just like on analogue cable, or an aerial distribution system

ok ill take a look for some suitable circuits.
what kind of quality losses should i be expecting however?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back