Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS threshold detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

spatan

Hi,
I am designing a CMOS zero threshold detector. I can only work with a single power supply of 3.3 V in 0.35 micron technology. Now if I give one of the inputs to the comparator as ground i.e 0 V then won't that particular transistor stop working in saturation? How will I get the circuit to work then? Please help me!!!!!

Thank you,
Regards,
Sumera

You have to use a P-channel differential pair if you want your common-mode range to include zero volts. If you also want it to work at Vcm=3.3v, there are techniques you can use which include N-channel and P-channel diff pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back