Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit-design Peltier Element

Status
Not open for further replies.

uicElla

The element has a resistance of about 3 ohms. If you connect 12VDC to it, the element will only allow 4 Amps to flow. You can connect your micro pin to the Gate pin of an N-channel Mosfet. Connect the source pin of Mosfet to ground and then put the element between the Drain pin of Mosfet and your 12VDC supply.

I forgot to mention, my peltier is TEC-40-33-127
Then correction...

Resistance is about 1.55 ohms and increases as it gets warmer. Max current is 8.5amps

At 12VDC, your device will allow 8 amps to flow. If you are using PWM, I would limit to 90% duty cycle to make sure it doesn't stay so close to max 8.5amps. Again, you don't need current limiting from your 12VDC supply but I don't know if they are intended to use 100% duty cycle for long periods of time at max (near max) current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back