Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Design Help (Smart Nortfication System)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemoMkindi

I need to design notification system for my third-year of collage
Project ideas;
  • Should be able to post new notifications on website(mobile App)
  • Should be able to send notification as text messages to members who don't have internet access
Can any one help me where to start

Well for hardware you could look into the Esp8266 or Esp32 microcontrollers for the internet connectivity, and a sim800l module for cellular connectivity.
Text messages are not hard to do, a website is a little trickier, depending how 'flashy' you want it to look.

Well for hardware you could look into the Esp8266 or Esp32 microcontrollers for the internet connectivity, and a sim800l module for cellular connectivity.
Text messages are not hard to do, a website is a little trickier, depending how 'flashy' you want it to look.
Thanks Mr so can I get sample projects like my so that I could go through

Thanks Mr so can I get sample projects like my so that I could go through

Try typing some of those part numbers and your project goals into google. Amazing what the GoogleMatic 2000 can find.

Just found some on ebay for 10 quid, I didnt know they made them.
I wonder if they have audio connected to anything, not sure but I think my sim800 has audio on one of its connections.

I did online, didnt see anything that looks audioish, but one of them has a triangle that might be it.
I just looked at the pinout, it looks as though the sim 800 is uncommitted, its pins are brought out to the headers, so are not connected up to the processor, and it looks like theres a power amp in there as 2 of the terminals are marked spk.
Cool might have to order one to play with.
Though I did have trouble getting lolin's webserver code to work for the esp32, that said the chip supports the easier to use esp8266's webserver code too, I tried it.

The mike connections are directly opposite the speaker ones - none are connected to the processor, as it wouldn't be a very good idea - and if you really wanted to, you could easily do so. The connections that should be connected to the processor are, so it's dead easy to use.

You should try the Randomnerd tutorials, they are usually pretty good:

Ok so your saying the datalines are connected, just the audio that isnt.
Yep I'll check that out.
I've played with phone stuff before and I fancy something I could dial up then use dtmf tones to 'do' things.

Ok so your saying the datalines are connected, just the audio that isnt.
Yep I'll check that out.

Check the code examples, which show how it's configured - the documentation also lists which pins are used, and there's the full circuit as well.

You also have to configure an I2C chip, again the examples show this.

I've played with phone stuff before and I fancy something I could dial up then use dtmf tones to 'do' things.

Sorry?, have we fallen through a time warp back to the 70's? :D

Ok I'll remember that.
Yep back in the 70's allright.
Actually some stuff I do ends up in or used in an industrial plant, microwave phone signals are often nowhere to be seen, or should I say picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back