Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chinese crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes, the dumb things people do...

Somebody in my area burnt their house and their doggies:( too cause they left a window a/c on powered through a teensy extension cord:p

Also, as Thanksgiving approaches here in the US it is unwise to try to use a turkey fryer inside the house or my garage.

Given the number of people who have done this or attempted it, with often disastrous consequences, you would think large electric fryers with enclosed elements for turkey frying would be more popular; something like a large "fry daddy" deep fryer, but cheaper than the large commercial fryers...

I guess they do exist - not cheap, but cheaper than a fire!

https://www.google.com/search?q=electric+turkey+fryer

Last edited:
All I know is they make a damn good eating turkey! :)

Ron

Actually i repeat what I have said before
There quite a few safety do gooders and other nutters on this forum who obviously have nothing better in their lives than to banter back and forwards with answers that show they have but lightly scanned the posts they are answering and follow more what they want to push rather than the Original Posters question

And me
I just bought a SENZU 24 ¨ Digital TV with all the bells for $345 at Warehouse -$200 cheaper than Panasonic and I know it won´t last long but there will be something else new coming along to buy soon . As long as I get the 12 months warranty who cares.

Iǘe lost track of what the OP was now

Last edited:
If you believe that chinese electronic components are terrible, just mess around and buy a "chinese imported welder". If the thing even works out of the box it wont for long, and the freight to send it back for a "free replacement" is more than it was worth to begin with. The solution to the issue is to demand higher quality to begin with and not shop merely by price alone. I have made this mistake too many times and still occasionally do, but for the most part I look for where it is made more than what the actual price tag is. Remember, "If it is too good to be true....it is...." Just my .02.
Bob

If you believe that chinese electronic components are terrible, just mess around and buy a "chinese imported welder". If the thing even works out of the box it wont for long, and the freight to send it back for a "free replacement" is more than it was worth to begin with. The solution to the issue is to demand higher quality to begin with and not shop merely by price alone. I have made this mistake too many times and still occasionally do, but for the most part I look for where it is made more than what the actual price tag is. Remember, "If it is too good to be true....it is...." Just my .02.
Bob

You're right! I can just glance at something and I can tell if it is cheap or not!

Per ben7:

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low price.

Makes sense to me. :)

Ron

The Chinese copy good products. And then mass produce them as cheap as possible.

Anyone heard of a Chinese electronics inventor.....?

Ain't any to my knowledge.

Like the TV Chassis that are circulating around South Africa now. All PSU's are basically identical. Just the track layout varies from "brand name" to brand name.

It's all the same familiar crap inside. Same components. Just the PCB layout changes from "brand name" to brand name.

I am not mad about Chinese people...especially because my cat recently dissapeared. It was friendly with everyone..even strangers.

I reckon a Ching ate it because there are plenty here where I live. And they always look hungry.

Cheers

Last edited:
The Chinese copy good products. And then mass produce them as cheap as possible.

I see copied products all the time.

I wonder if they have been tested for safety.:(

What next?

A bad capacitor formula was copied and for years everybody ended up with xploding caps!

What next?

Copied tvs, radios, computers! The list is so long!

What next?

Dangerous chinese cars...

-Ben

Last edited:
Anyone heard of a Chinese electronics inventor.....?

Ain't any to my knowledge.

LOL

A cheap product burns your house down.

You would try to contact the company as normal...

But their is no company to contact and sue!

-Life is Dangerous

PS: Sorry about your poor kitteh...The chinese really do eat cats!:)

-Ben

I've chinese mobile phone, it is 2 years already and still running smoothly until now... the others 3 mobiles i'd bought for my friends still "on" too... :D

All I know is they make a damn good eating turkey! :)
Ron
The finest tasting turkeys I have eaten were cooked in dirt --- and I mean in a hole in the ground, covered with dirt. Cook for about 4-5 hours. Not joking.

I am not mad about Chinese people...especially because my cat recently dissapeared. It was friendly with everyone..even strangers.

I reckon a Ching ate it because there are plenty here where I live. And they always look hungry.

Cheers

Hi tvtech,

I guess your cat was killed in a traffic accident.

Chinese people prefer to eat dogs. They call turkeys "flying dogs".

Regards

Hans

The finest tasting turkeys I have eaten were cooked in dirt --- and I mean in a hole in the ground, covered with dirt. Cook for about 4-5 hours. Not joking.

Turkish people also cook lambs in dirt. I tried it myself digging a hole into the clay of a river bank and cooked a lamb. My german guests were delighted of the taste.

Boncuk

I've done it with pigs but never anything else. Damn, something to consider. I guess you could cook just about anything that way, Boncuk's lamb included.

Ron

Last edited:
I've done it with pigs but never anything else. Damn, something to consider. I guess you could cook just about anything that way, Boncuk's lamb included.

Ron

Hi Ron,

here's one more delicious meal I suggest. It's easy to do - and cheap if you select the right approach.

Take out the internals of a chicken, spice it inside and then rub moist clay into the feathers to make a "ball". Throw it into a camp fire and let it cook until the clay is as tough as a brick.

Then hit the ball on a rock. The bursting clay will take off the feathers and skin completely.

Tastes best with a pot of "Glühwein". :)

How to get the chicken?

Here's how to do it like it's done in Germany: Go cross country with your car and run over a chicken. Then stop at the nearest farm and show the chicken to the farmer, explaining him that you want to pay for it. The farmer will reply: "That can't possibly be a chicken of mine. We don't keep those flat chicken."

It's yours! Free! :D

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back