Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing Multi-Color LED Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr

Hi all, I have a LED that is capable of generating 2xblue, red and green color at the same time to give any color combo required. I would like to make a cct that can fade from one color to another for 7 colors (thereafter cycling back to the first color). The LED has 2 common cathode and 4 anodes. One blue and red shares 3 pins, and the green and blue shares another 3 pins. Anyone has something for this? Would like to put that on my car (12-13.5V) Thanks...

Take your supply voltage and wire up a switching arrangement to "steer" the current through the LED of choice depending on your switch positions.
For those LED's, make sure there is series resistance in all paths the current takes otherwise, you'll smoke those LEDs real quick when you place 12V across them. At 12V, say 1k would be decent. If you want them to light brighter then decrease the resistor, but I would not go below around 600 Ohms.

there was a circuit posted here some time ago...wich was designed for this.
it used 3 triungular oscilators of different frequencies, so that the ouput of the led would be in different colours, but the colours will not be in a specific order. just in a randomw way.
acrtually the order is not that random. after a specific time the order will repeat.
try a search for that circuit around here. it was as a link to a site.

Thanks bogdanfirst, cant seem to find it though. Could u lend a hand? I searched through till Dec 2002 when I used LED as the keyword. Anyway the idea is excellent, I would think that only 2 ics for the op amps would be req. Unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge to design the cct. I have got one from fading on and off 2 different LEDs though. Would appreciate if u could give me a hand, remember what is the keyword to that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back