Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car clock conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

okChils

Hello!

I'd like to create a working clock from this clock I took from my old 2010 Chevrolet Aveo S. I have near no knowledge in this field at all but have worked with computers my whole life if that helps. I have a soldering iron and other tools to do the job.

While it seems random and stupid I plan to create a small wooden box to go with it as a momento for this car as when I did crash it I could've died quite easily but got lucky and survived with no injuries, I usually like to think it saved my life.

Any help would be appreciated, I've attached some images below.

IMG_20220222_160336.jpg

IMG_20220222_160328.jpg

I'd be happy to answer any questions about it!

Thanks!

There should be a transformer or inductor somewhere as part of the display power system. Photos of the other sides of both boards?

Under the display there almost certainly is a microcontroller or dedicated clock chip. If the VF (vacuum fluorescent) display is gapped up above the board a little bit, you might be able to peek in there and get some of the text on the top of the chip.

ak

I would suggest you simply need a wiring diagram for the car, which would allow you to find which pin on the socket does what. As a minimum there should be permananet power, perhaps ignition switched power?, lights on (to dim it) and chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back