Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I replace ACS108 TRIAC with BTA08 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mido_ameer

I have a dead Electrolux washing machine with only ACS108 triac is dead which is the triac driving the water pump

I checked out the datasheet an the only thing I did understand that it is designed for inductive and resistive loads and the water pump drains less than 100mA.
I didn't understand anything about the AC characteristics stuff
My question is, Can I replace it with BTA08 Triac or the BTA accuires more current to drive that will damage the microprocesor driving the whole board.
and is it safe or should I provide a 100 mA fuse, a simple BJT to provide more current to the BTA's gate or what ?

Why the BTA08? Try searching for a more suitable triac with a gate sensitivity better matched to that of the ACS108 (i.e 1V, 10mA).

2N6075 (A/B) is one example I found by googling 'sensitive gate triac'.

Try both. It costs nothing :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back