Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hi,

I hacked my digital camera and removed the Flasher besides a 200uF 330V cap connected to it.
Now I want to see if I can make it flash just with that cap and an Inductor?
Or I need a more complicated circuit?

Thanks

You need a more complicated circuit.

The xenon tube requires a voltage of about 220-330V (300v being the normal voltage) storedin a capacitor. To ionize the gas inside the tube usually takes a fewkV, 4-6kV. Although, those peizo ignition things from lighters can produce enough voltage to trigger the tube.

So, at the very least you will need a way to charge the capacitor to a reasonably high voltage. This is usually done with a flyback converter, assingle inductorboost circuits aren't up for stepping up voltage more than a factor of 8 or 9. So if you're running it from a battery you'll need to step the battery voltage up to 300V. Plenty of informaiton on google.

Blueteeth

What about charging the cap by a primary windings of a step down Transformer while I put a DC power source to it? I want to cut the source off suddenly and send the voltage to the cap via a diode?!

You 'may' be able to use a step down transformer, but it really depends on the transformer :D Google has many such circuits, using either logic, or a 555 to alternately switch a tapped secondary of a step down mains transformer, then a full wave rectifier. Its a pretty inefficient way to charge a cap, but it will work. Again, it is more complicated than you think. You can't just put DC into a tranformer, it requires AC< or at least a change in voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back