Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calibrating PM3092 oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
I've got one of these, but the screen gain is wrong, so 6 V shows up as only just over 5 divisions. Also, the on-screen buttons don't line up.

Does anyone know how to calibrate these things?

You really need the service manual, often you need to align them in a specific order - you also of course need an accurate source to calibrate it to.

If you have the instructions?, it might tell you in there, Philips scopes usually come with a circuit and probably calibration details.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't got the service manual. I'm trying to get hold of one.

As for an accurate source, it's about 20% out at the moment, and the labels on screen don't line up with the physical buttons that they are supposed to, so adjustment by eye and to the probe adjust voltage level would be a vast improvement.

I think that it originally came with a user manual only.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

I haven't got the service manual. I'm trying to get hold of one.

As for an accurate source, it's about 20% out at the moment, and the labels on screen don't line up with the physical buttons that they are supposed to, so adjustment by eye and to the probe adjust voltage level would be a vast improvement.

I think that it originally came with a user manual only.

Yes, they only come with a user manual, but with Philips that normally includes a circuit - I'm not sure if it includes calibration details or not? - I hope to be back at work on Friday, so I'll look in the old Philips scope instructions there.

Regarding scope calibration: After I picked up my Tek 2213, which had been professionally calibrated by Tek (before I got it), I found the service manual and decided to look into what was needed to calibrate it myself, as the owner whom I had purchased it from said that it cost a lot of money to have it calibrated (he gave me all the docs - it wasn't cheap!). Let's just say that the cost for the special calibrated signal source generator needed according to the service manual was waaaay more than I ever imagined (much cheaper to have it calibrated by Tek - which wasn't cheap!). Ultimately, I think if I ever need the scope professionally calibrated in the future, it will be cheaper for me to buy a new scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back