Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another oscilloscope repair question Leader LS 8106A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweatybetty

Hello all.
I posted a question a couple of years ago https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/oscilloscope-help-needed.153196/ put the scope on a shelf and forgot about it. In the meantime, Ive tried to educate myself in electronics repairs which is much easier for me hands on rather than by reading, so here I am.
What Im hoping for is someone that can take a little time looking at the horizontal board schematics and help by identifying the various sections.
I have verified all the voltages from the power supply are correct.
With the horizontal position centered, the output to the horizontal deflection plates are X+ 121V X- 22V no dot on screen.
If I go full CCW I get a dot on the screen not quite center and the voltages at X+ and X- are closer to equal.
Am I correct in thinking that the output voltages on X+ and X- should rise and fall alternately which moves the beam across the screen? If so, I need to identify which section on the board does that.
As far as test gear, I have another scope, signal generator and a few volt meters.

Thanks all sb

Attachments

• LS 8105A LS 8106A SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    19.4 MB · Views: 231
The manual failed to upload. It ends in .part

It's the voltage across the scope plates. plate to plate. 0 should be roughly the center.

I dont know what happened with the file, but here is another try. Anyone else having any trouble?

Attachments

• LS 8105A LS 8106A SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    19.4 MB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back