Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bypass ECU :: Radiator Fan Control Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pragoartz,

As promisede the bill of materials (BOM) (parts list) for the circuit of post #26 is attached to the end of post #26.

I tried to find most components on electron.com because they are cheaper. Other components are from Element14.

That will mean two orders, but if you would like to order all parts from one supplier I will revise the BOM to source all components from Element 14.

spec
Hi bro, i appreciate your hard work. Thank you so much.

The retailer is not "electro.com" its "https://www.electroncomponents.com/"

Oh dear. I will redo the BOM.

Shall I just go with Element 14?

spec

POST ISSUE 21 of 2016_10_21

BILL OF MATERIALS (BOM)

I have added the cart details, can you please check it once for confirmation. Also i got a Relay, 8-pin holder, fuse in my hand. So i haven't ordered it.

Thanks

Attachments

• ShoppingBasket.pdf
    140.9 KB · Views: 163
Element 14 BOM is OK

But no IC socket: Item #18, IC Socket DIL-8, 1077344, 82.31 Rs

spec

Element 14 BOM is OK

But no IC socket: Item #18, IC Socket DIL-8, 1077344, 82.31 Rs

spec
Hi bro. Sorry for being late. Its festival time in india. "Its DEEVALI - the festival of light's". We start our celebration here. The main festival is by 28th. So till then i will be in my home town. Will do the circuit after that.

Thanks

No need to apologize pradoartz, and have a good time at the celebrations.:cool:

spec

The circuit above is a very good option, but if you want simple, just search "bimetal thermostat" on e-bay. These are just simple on/off switches that turn on at the listed temperature. Epoxy one of these somewhere to the cylinder head and put it inline with the fan. Nothing else needed.

Just wanted to give this option as these switches are about $1 and will do what you need, just not as elegantly.

The circuit above is a very good option, but if you want simple, just search "bimetal thermostat" on e-bay. These are just simple on/off switches that turn on at the listed temperature. Epoxy one of these somewhere to the cylinder head and put it inline with the fan. Nothing else needed.

Just wanted to give this option as these switches are about $1 and will do what you need, just not as elegantly.

:joyful: Brilliant DL

I would say your approach is much more elegant.

Simplest is always best, especially with motorcycles.:)

spec

PS: perhaps use the thermostat with the existing bike relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back