button midi keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjjjj

When I was young I made a big mistake to learn on a piano accordion. No wonder I quickly grew sick of endlessly practicing the 12 different patterns of major and the 12 different patterns minor scales…That’s why I never really got over the habit of playing just in C-major and A-minor.
A much better choice would have been a chromatic C- system*) button keyboard!
Here’s a picture of the keyboard: http://www.thecipher.com/CBA_Csys_Spell.gif

i) An ‘adult’ piano accordion keyboard has 44 keys (about 3.6 octaves), whereas the button accordion has over 5 octaves!
ii) Not only that… with a button accordion our hand can span 21/2 octaves (!) that means you can cram more into the melody, whereas a piano accordion only allows little over 1 octave hand span.
iii) The third advantage: the button keyboard system enables the player to transfer the same pattern into all other scales: i.e. all you need is to just learn how to play one scale (or tonality) in major and one in minor! If that’s not an awakening call, I don’t know what is! I mean the question is: which keyboard offers us the best and easiest way to create music? So, the button keyboard is truly by far the best. I reckon it could even be extended to be played with both hands as an organ or as a universal midi- instrument to play any musical instrument. Tell me what you think.
It wouldn't be hard to even build ourselves such a button-midi-keyboard, for one can readily buy 107 button switches glue, them into holes and connect them via a midi-keyboard-encoder interface.
Albeit I have some decades of electronics hobby experience and can build such an encoder from a diagram, I'm don't know how to program that eeprom PIC 16F877. Tom Scarff offers the circuit and hexcode, he no longer sells parts for his projects. I don't want to learn programming just for that one eeprom. Maybe it's not all that complicated? Q: What's the thing to do? Thanking you for your expert advice. jjj from Chile

*) not to be confused with the B-system (Bayan), which doesn't allow for same pattern transfer into other tonalities.

Go to Nigel's website. His website appears at the bottom of all his posts. He is a PIC fan.

so your real name is jjjjjj? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…