Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

button midi keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjjjj

When I was young I made a big mistake to learn on a piano accordion. No wonder I quickly grew sick of endlessly practicing the 12 different patterns of major and the 12 different patterns minor scales…That’s why I never really got over the habit of playing just in C-major and A-minor.
A much better choice would have been a chromatic C- system*) button keyboard!
Here’s a picture of the keyboard: http://www.thecipher.com/CBA_Csys_Spell.gif

i) An ‘adult’ piano accordion keyboard has 44 keys (about 3.6 octaves), whereas the button accordion has over 5 octaves!
ii) Not only that… with a button accordion our hand can span 21/2 octaves (!) that means you can cram more into the melody, whereas a piano accordion only allows little over 1 octave hand span.
iii) The third advantage: the button keyboard system enables the player to transfer the same pattern into all other scales: i.e. all you need is to just learn how to play one scale (or tonality) in major and one in minor! If that’s not an awakening call, I don’t know what is! I mean the question is: which keyboard offers us the best and easiest way to create music? So, the button keyboard is truly by far the best. I reckon it could even be extended to be played with both hands as an organ or as a universal midi- instrument to play any musical instrument. Tell me what you think.
It wouldn't be hard to even build ourselves such a button-midi-keyboard, for one can readily buy 107 button switches glue, them into holes and connect them via a midi-keyboard-encoder interface.
Albeit I have some decades of electronics hobby experience and can build such an encoder from a diagram, I'm don't know how to program that eeprom PIC 16F877. Tom Scarff offers the circuit and hexcode, he no longer sells parts for his projects. I don't want to learn programming just for that one eeprom. Maybe it's not all that complicated? Q: What's the thing to do? Thanking you for your expert advice. jjj from Chile

*) not to be confused with the B-system (Bayan), which doesn't allow for same pattern transfer into other tonalities.

Go to Nigel's website. His website appears at the bottom of all his posts. He is a PIC fan.

so your real name is jjjjjj? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back