Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Button Circuit - Unknown SMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungle

I'm trying to fix my Mom's dryer for her. The one of the buttons keeps pressing itself. The buttons and LED's are on the front panel connected with ribbon cable in a row/column configuration. The LED's are (row,column), and the buttons are (key, column). The circuit is attached.

I can't figure out what the 3 terminal device is. Of course I'm thinking BJT. Normally the pinout is
E B
C

But there seems to be a diode voltage drop between the C and the E. No other conductive paths seem to exist (without removing the part for testing). Any idea what this is?

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Are there duplicate circuits like this on the panel??. NPN S0T23 package (centre base pin). Some kind of switched button scan. How many pins does the uC have?? Is it PLCC?? Where are the led's getting there drive from?? are they multiplexed in with this matrix somehow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back