Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a Rechargeable LED Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were referring to the other loop, then hopefully this explains it:
gnd-animate.gif

No, the other one. See just that this is part of a college project, and I need to explain the fundamentals of what's actually going on. I couldn't find it online barr here, which again I am hugely grateful for, but if you could guide me in the direction of maybe something similar online that'd be really really helpful. Thank you

Oh apologies, I didn't see that second one for some reason. So the negative coming back from the LED is going back to the charger wedge, or is it the negative from the charger in each individual wedge that's coming back to the main charger wedge
?

Oh apologies, I didn't see that second one for some reason. So the negative coming back from the LED is going back to the charger wedge, or is it the negative from the charger in each individual wedge that's coming back to the main charger wedge
?
You could say that the current from the USB connector positive terminal goes around the red path, through the "L" block, and then returns along the black path, and back out the USB connector negative terminal.

You might say that the second gif is animated somewhat backwards. I was just using the gif to help show how the connection from the USB connector terminals makes its way around the wedges, and not current flow direction.

The "L" blocks are the entire lamp units; charger, battery and light source.

Dougy83's ingenious loop design routes the power from the external charge socket to the lamp units and ensures nothing charges until all four modules are snapped together, then all charge at the same time, in parallel.

Yea I understand the "L" blocks and appreciate the ingenuity of it. I guess I'm just getting lost on one part. As I said before, circuits and electrics are completely new to me, so I'm still just getting my head around certain elements. So I'm gonna try and understand this... Are all the positives connected separately, then the negatives connected separately til its outputted through the charging board in the main wedge and out to the usb input?

The middle and bottom loops are positive and negative respectively to the lamp chargers.
Making them complete loops gives redundant connections so it any one magnet is dirty in either and does not connect, it still works.
It also means the units can be put together in any order and everything still connects properly.

The top loop is a series chain through the units without connectors and back to the connector one.

That external connector unit setup both ensures that all lamps are attached together before anything can charge, and links the charge socket to the lower loops if everything is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back