Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_W_B

I've never owned or used a breadboard before, but considering purchasing one in my current price range. My questions are,

1. Apparently some are not "powered" ? I assume you have to add batteries or generators, rheostat ?

2. I'm looking at this (apparently older) one, -Elenco 9440 Breadboard With JW-350 Jumper Wire Set, Model 9480WK, but it says nothing about whether,
a. it has a power source
OR
b. what the voltage range is
OR
c. if it has an adjustable voltage source.

Appreciate any input.

1. Apparently some are not "powered" ? I assume you have to add batteries or generators, rheostat ?
A battery or some kind of mains power supply which provides 5v, 12v or whatever you need.

2. I'm looking at this (apparently older) one, -Elenco 9440 Breadboard With JW-350 Jumper Wire Set, Model 9480WK, but it says nothing about whether,
a. it has a power source
OR
b. what the voltage range is
OR
c. if it has an adjustable voltage source.
Just looking at a picture on Amazon, it appears to be plain breadboard sections mounted onto a (metal?) backing plate.
It has some terminals to connect an external power supply.
So, no power source, voltage range is not applicable, no adjustable voltage source.

JimB

Last edited:
I use breadboards (BBs) a lot and find them very useful. All the BBs I have are unpowered.

Here's a picture of a couple that I've constructed.
bb-jpg.39879

A word of warning, I recently purchased some BBs from Futurelec and they were unusable. So, buy them from a reputable firm.

Edit, just to give you an idea, the good ones I buy locally cost me $12 each. In the above picture the circuits use 2 and 3 boards - left=2.

Mike.

Last edited:
Pommie said:
A word of warning, I recently purchased some BBs from Futurelec and they were unusable. So, buy them from a reputable firm.

I think that bears repeating. I got some small, cheap ones a while back. Not only was it hard to get wires into some of the holes, but once done, the electrical contact was unreliable. I now use them just for temporarily storing parts on my bench so they don't roll onto the floor.

John

Last edited:
I saw a transparent BB, which it can be seen the jack inside. Perhaps you guys should look at whether your local stores to sell them.

Well advtak, that is another blatant advert if ever ther was!

There seems to be a trend in hiding an advert in the form of a reply to a thread.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back