Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Body Plot vs. Theory, Wien Bridge and Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

simply_me

Hello,

I'm trying to design an ultrasonic range finder using only analog components. So far I've designed the Wien Bridge and one amplifier. The problem is that I'm trying to create a band-pass filter in the amp loop. While my calculations show that the filter's band is between 35.367-41.882kHz which is fine (I think ) since the incoming wave is ~38kHz, the bode plotter shows a different band:1-1MHz. Maybe one of my connections is wrong? Or the plotter is wrong? I'll be happy to hear any input you might have on the matter or how to improve the circuits.

Thank you,

A

Attachments

• amp.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 210
  • oscil-1.pdf
    44 KB · Views: 507
hi,
I assume R12 is disconnected in order to do the freq sweep/plot and your query is with the LM358 circuit on the right hand side of the drawing.?

That is correct. I apologize, I should have made it more clear.

hi,
OK, no problem.
I will run your circuit in the LTspice simulator, see what I get compared to yours, give me an half hour.:)

Last edited:

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    34.3 KB · Views: 197
  • AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    34.5 KB · Views: 192
Thank you for running the simulations.
It looks much better when R12 isn't connected, but still the band width is way too high. I thought that R9 and C5 are the high pass filter and R11 and C4 are the low pass filter. This is strange....
On the simulation with R12 disconnected shouldnt C3 be removed too (from your circuit diagram)?

Thank you for running the simulations.
It looks much better when R12 isn't connected, but still the band width is way too high. I thought that R9 and C5 are the high pass filter and R11 and C4 are the low pass filter. This is strange....
On the simulation with R12 disconnected shouldnt C3 be removed too (from your circuit diagram)?

hi,
On my circuit C3, is your C6, which you are showing as connected.?

hi,
Look at this option, try it in your simulator.

If you want a sharper filter, consider two OPA stages.

Attachments

• BP1.gif
    BP1.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back