Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blanking the retrace - Analog scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I managed to show on my scope a symbol formed by several dots by controlling voltages at the X-Y axis.

To make it neat I would need to blank the retrace between dots.

My scope is an old analog TRIO 10 MHz CS1562A. Couldn't find the manual but a PDF version found in the Web says that "modulation" may be done "at TTL" levels.

Just in case, I tried myself bringing the Z axis input to 0V and 5V, getting only a change in brightness.

Is it any way I could blank completely the retrace in between spots?

Last edited:
I suggest you consult the circuit, and see if applying more voltage will blank it further - but it may be as far as it's supposed to change. Z inputs I've looked at in the past require LARGE voltage changes, as the essentially drive the cathode (or grid) pretty well directly.

Thanks Nigel

You were online, I can see. Thanks for replying,Nigel.

I am affraid of trying any different from the manual because of that of "TTL levels". It is the only scope I have and no money to replace it in the near future...

Would you say that it could be safe to try any different?

Z axis input

There are several transistors between the Z input and the grid in question.
I presume, it precludes applying any high voltage to it.

Try reducing the trace intensity. You may find a point where the beam is blanked but still retains sufficient intensity to see the dots.

Problem solved

Problem solved: applying -5V to the input did the trick. :)

Gracias to you both for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back