Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bike alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

01danpen

:? :roll: I need a circuit for a bike alarm project. Maybe a 555 timer HELP ME :twisted: :roll: :wink: :lol: :p :lol: :lol: 8)

what would the alarm do.if some steals your bike they will just rip off the alarm. it would be no good. i suggest get two bike locks.one u-lock and coil lock

instead of an alarm how about some sort of shocker device. I guess it could be considered and alarm. Make the handles rubber mostly but on each handle add a strip of conductive metal which could be tied to a miniature alarm style circuit mounted in a hard to reach place such as the goose neck of the bike. Most people mount the bike by grabing both handles and swinging their leg over. So if one handle is Negative and the other is positive with some nice juice running through it you could shock the hell out of someone hopefully not killing them and im sure they will think twice about trying to ride the bike again.

Then if you really like you bike put a lowjack system on it

i thought all bikes came with an alarm...i got a 86 ninja with a factory alarm...hmm

i could get the specs off mine if you want

Squintz said:
instead of an alarm how about some sort of shocker device. I guess it could be considered and alarm. Make the handles rubber mostly but on each handle add a strip of conductive metal which could be tied to a miniature alarm style circuit mounted in a hard to reach place such as the goose neck of the bike. Most people mount the bike by grabing both handles and swinging their leg over. So if one handle is Negative and the other is positive with some nice juice running through it you could shock the hell out of someone hopefully not killing them and im sure they will think twice about trying to ride the bike again.

Then if you really like you bike put a lowjack system on it

:lol: Yeah that's it! :lol: Use the stun gun project on this page for that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mine's just a mercury switch and the disable it hooked to anything that comes on when the bike starts...in my case, the rear light.

i think i'd like the physical alarm better myself though...let the little buggers know to stay away :twisted:

Have u hade ne idea for a circuit yet.

I am planning on doing one of these 4 my final project gcse :idea:

I need a diagram that involves a switch preferably a tilt switch, at least 2 intergrated circuits and a system where when an input is sensed it lights up a light. another input another light until the 5th input pulse where a alarm sounds for 30 sec and then resets itself. this alarm is then a deterent wit a 120db alarm on so when it goes of the 'thief' will ditch it and run!! (well thats the plan) :!: :?: :!: :?:

can ppl reply to this if they have ne ideas. Absolutley ne on either a tiny little bit or the hole thing. :idea:

Everything is much appericiated :arrow:

cheers
ToM

it's for a gcse project. we had a choice of projects and it was the best option. I need a circuit design from somewhere

have you found a ckt yet? i suppose you could have a noisy alarm, my pet subject is opto-electonics, so i'm thinking you could use an led- detector pair...a simple on-off sensor would do...and position it so that it sets off an alarm and makes one hell of a racket if someone tries to make off with your bike...

h'm well maybe you might want to post a pic of your bike...is it so irresistable?!?! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back