Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best protocol / wiring system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi All,

Can I have suggestions for best wiring / protocol for home installation by engineers, you know the ones that can't read, so stick the RED wire in the terminal marked BLACK!

criteria is:

Simple install, least number of wires, ideally 1 :)
Distance, home installs so 100m max but could be less if other criteria is met.
Speed, not that important as low as 4800 baud would be OK
Idiot proof, so if wired incorrectly nothing happens (blown chips etc)
Cable used, anything that engineer can get there hands on but a spec will be stated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

the post doesn't make any sense, it mentions house wiring, baud rate, red wire and black terminal, chips blown by idiots...
after reading the post my only suggestion is to avoid messing with wiring of your house, leave that to trained people.

Sounds like a network installation, if so cat5 or cat 6 stp is advised, I've never connected one up wrong so I dont know if it'll blow anything.
If your not confident of yourself or the engineers your using get someone else, any kind of installation requires an amount of common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back