Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

begginer needs info

Status
Not open for further replies.

robie

hello if anyone can help me please i took electronic course in high school but not very good at it but know a little bit, my question is i have a old school canadian tire wiper interval control brand new i never used it now can i or does anyone know how i can convert this to stay longer than the 2-20 seconds that it is made for reason being is that i like to make it longer so i can run a pump (12 volt ) for my livewell i am sure this can be done it has a very simple board inside i will try to get some pictures on the forum but i iam new to this so it may take while again this should be very easy for not me i think like a resistor or relay may have to be changed so that it will last longer so i don't drain my battery thanks for reading and if anyone can help please and thank you

would you know how to make a simple 12 volt timer, it does not matter on how long for example it could be 2 min on 2 min off very simple thanks

not to bad, its been a long time so i need to remember a little but i built projects in the past.

Surely a simple 555 timer circuit will do, driving a fet or similar and timing set to 0.5 sec to say 10 sec?.

ok thank you, but when i click on more than one 555 circuit are showing and also how much $ do you think the parts will be aprox .

adjust

if the control on the unit is a variable resistor try changing its value, also capicators are used in timing circuits increasing the value or adding a toggle switch to change to a diffferant cap will vary the time but as previously posted a timer circuit would be the way to go and parts wise looking at about $5.00 australian if that.

the 555 timer and a relay would be used for controlled larger loads in this case your motor.

take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back