Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Panasonic KX-TG1031 error code information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

HI all!!!

Ok attempting to fix a Panasonic KX-TG1031 phone unit and I'm getting a code that flashes 17 times but in the repair manual doesn't mention any codes. I have checked all voltage points and all is well but will not let it sync with handset (yes tried to syinc like in the intructions but doesn't want to). So I was just wondering what would be this 17 flash code. Ive checked these two components labeled "SA" (photo) one looks bad no reading so I wanted to know what is this component and it has color rings like a resistor, what is it? THANKS for any info!!!

Serge

Attachments

• IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 132
I wouldn't say either of them look bad, but they are over-voltage protection devices (spark gaps?) intended to help reduce/prevent damage from lightning strikes up the phone lines.

But the fault doesn't sound like anything caused by a lightning strike, and I would expect to see obvious damage (like a big burnt hole!!) around the area of those protection devices.

I wouldn't say either of them look bad, but they are over-voltage protection devices (spark gaps?) intended to help reduce/prevent damage from lightning strikes up the phone lines.

But the fault doesn't sound like anything caused by a lightning strike, and I would expect to see obvious damage (like a big burnt hole!!) around the area of those protection devices.
Hmm how about water damage? Any specific name of the high voltage protection devices so I can order some. Btw THANKS for the answer!!!

The simple test is to remove them. As they are just overvoltage protection, they would have no effect except when an overvoltage event occurs - the phone should work without them.

You can also check them when out of circuit, they should be completely open, no reading at all on a multimeter resistance range.

These look to be a possible replacement if the originals are shorted or leaky:

ps. Have you done a full factory reset on both the base and handset?

If the handset is already paired (or has pairing data stored) it may not pair with a new base. Likewise, a base many not pair if it already has the maximum number of devices paired to it.

Also, are the both for the same region?? - some different regions use different RF bands for DECT phones, so ones built for different regions can be incompatible.

Last edited:
Hmm how about water damage? Any specific name of the high voltage protection devices so I can order some. Btw THANKS for the answer!!!
As they don't affect operation, then if they were S/C then you could simply remove them - but as they don't appear to be damaged there would be no point, and they wouldn't cause the issue you have anyway.

There is a full service manual for it here:

Try the base & handset resets on page 23 first??
Gee THANKS!! Mine isn’t as complete as this on even though mine is a 1031 shouldn’t be that much different. I did try the reset but didn’t seem to work I’ll try it again with this manual. Again THANKS!!!☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back