Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any info? - Dong Yang EP PSPW-TYPE2-V2 SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summat

I've stripped a Samsung laser printer down to get hold of the laser scanner/mirror for a bit of a play. In doing so I've also yanked the power-supply, which looks quite respectable (and useable) at +5V 1.6A, 24V 2.5A.

I don't doubt that the power supply works, but I believe that the 24V supply is switched during the start-up of the printer by the printer logic board.

The bottom of the PCB is helpfully marked for each supply output, and there's reference to the control logic on one connector from the logic board. This connector is 5 pins and is labelled:

CON4: 1-GND/2-24V OFF
3-RELAY ON/4-24V_S/5-FUSER ON

<< EDIT: Question removed - I found that grounding ping 2 of the control connector (shorting pins 1 & 2 together) enabled the 24V output from power-up >>

Regards,

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back