Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD up-down counter 7segment with Thumbwheel switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kctt

im doing a bcd 7segment up down counter with thumbwheel switch. i have no idea what kind of circuit to use along with what kind of ics and the connection. any kind expert out there willing to help me plot the circuit out? really in need of this circuit.

Hi kctt welcome to ETO.

Is this a homework assignment?

yes it is. and im down to 2 weeks to design the circuit and build it. so im in desperate need of help for someone to design it for me.

I don't think anybody will design it for you.

You will have to show your work. People will help when you get stuck.

If this is part of a course you must have some idea of what you need to do.

so far i have a cd4511 thumbwheel switch and a 7 segment as decoder. im missing a 555-timer and i have no idea if it fits the circuit or how im suppose to connect it

image.jpeg

You need to revisit your drawing after looking at the CD4511 datasheet.

It will be painfully obvious why you need the 555 timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back