Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banksy - Girl With Red Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gophert

Most Helpful Member
When I saw the original video of Banksy's painting shred itself, I wondered why the painting is on the front face of the frame but exits at the rear of the frame (close to the wall), yet, when you look straight on the half-shredded painting, there is no accounting for the depth of the frame.

Then Banksy released the video showing how he made a shredder inside the painting. Unfortunately, shredding paper is much more difficult that dragging a row of exactly blades across paper. That is why shredders are built so robustly and high torque gearing is used.

Now, watch below, the video at 0:16 seconds and, besides the distracting person holding the barrel of a supposedly hot soldering iron, the Xacto blades are not in the right direction to cut the print.

This whole event is a complete hoax. Even the supposed "it worked right in the rehearsals" video - the frame is different.

F74A1F7B-DB3E-44C5-92E8-DF52717DD3DD.jpeg

1D938157-FA4A-47E5-8D2E-471330508B60.jpeg

Are you saying Youtube things aren't real??? Next thing you'll tell me is there is no Santa Claus. :)

I swear there was already a thread about this back when this first happened.

Anyway, Dave Jones of the EEVblog did a couple of videos on it.

If the v2.0 (aluminum frame, steel rods, rollers, beefy motor, Lithium motorcycle battery) would have added 40 pounds to the weight of the whole painting. It would have been completely obvious to anyone who handles art that something was going on. Also, Dave never accounts for the loss of height that would have occured between the girls skirt and top of her head if part of the painting is in the rollers.

Dave needs to stick to electrical engineering because he sure doesn't seem to understand weight or anything with three dimensions - outside of a flat pcb.

And that's why they suppose it was an inside-job and all planned ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back