Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AVI to MPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a free AVI to MPEG converter (hence the topic title). I've searched around on the net and found nothing but crappy run-o-the-mill shareware. Anyone have any freeware that could handle AVIs @ 1024x768, 60fps? Any programs/recommendations would be great. Thanks!

-Infamous

You might want to find an AVI extractor. AVI isn't so much a data format as it is a container format (Kind of like MP4 it can store more than 1 type of encoded data), there's a very good chance that the actual image/audio encoding is mpeg or some easily converted bitstream. If you could provide more information about the source of the original AVI data it might be easier to help you.

It's from a screen-capture program called FRAPS. https://www.fraps.com/

I've had enough with Windows Movie Maker. After about 4 minutes of footage it won't let me export my movie. I've rebuilt the movie twice just to see if Windows was just being Windows. No luck. I just need to change the format so I can move it to my Mac and iMovie it, which churns out much more professional looking results.

avi files

I'm not sure this will help you, but I have a digital cam that makes .avi movies and I could not find a video editor that would read the compressed .avi files. The fix is so easy, it's hard to believe. I simply renamed the .avi file with a .mpg file type. THIS WORKS!!
Good luck,
euge999

I think I'm going to give up on the conversion. Converting full quality uncompressed AVIs to MPEGs just isn't cutting it. Anyone know of good editor software to cut the AVIs together?

I could use a site like www.academicsuperstore.com to order it or something. (Yes I'm keeping it legal).

theinfamousbob said:
Thanks for the help! I'll probably pick it up. The AVIs are completely uncompressed...I'll look around on the Adobe site though.

You're welcome.

If they don't provide a free trail, maybe you can ask Adobe technical support team whether you may Email them a short clip in the same format for testing purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back