Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automatic phone dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew8485

hello i am fairly new to electrontics but know the basics and i want to build a automatic phone dialer. i want use a ic but don't totaly understand them. i know for a fact i can use electric gates but i will need 80 gates for one phone # :shock: to do this which will be very exspensive and bulky. But the gates will allow me to program a phone# with just a key pad. so is this possable with a ic. O one more thing i really do not want to just go out and buy a Automatic phone dialer. i want to do this from scrach thanks

thanks for the sugestion but as stated below i do not know alot about ic's how do i wire it and can i get one of these chips out of a cell phone or regular phone thanks once again

Yes, You can canibalize this IC from a junk wall-phones for experimenting. When You found the IC, ask me for datasheet and application.

On this site i've found only one phone dialer IC.The TCM5089 is pretty old, and haven't ten memory space.

thanks for your reply,
since it doesn't have a number memory does any other online mail order place have a number memory ic. hope you understand this. i said jamaco.com because they seem to me a nice company to deal with from what i read on this site. Don't mean to be a pain.
thanks once again

I have many datasheets from WINBOND, and other brands, but i can't recommend any supplyer. Try search on the net, and i'm sure You find a company who send few parts as free sample.

ok i searched for a site and found one www.winbond-usa.com/ i think the ic w9146xn is just what i want it has the pusle dialer and a 3 number memory. since i am using this for a alarm. so all i think i need is a keypad and mic and speaker and switch for on and off hook. I think this will work thanks.

ok i was looking over the datasheets and am alittle confused do i need to hook up a mhz crystal to pins 7,8 and what do pins 9,10,11,12,13 do. the defeniton of the pins function is to complacated for me to understand. however i do understand pin 1,2,3,4,5,6,14,15,16,17,and 18. thanks

All telecom IC use 3.579545MHz (NTSC color subcarrier freq...) quartz, just connect it to XT-pins.
9 - output for handset to muting the dial pulses in speaker
10 - this input detected the hookswitch state (need for redialig and sleep mode)
11 - dial pulse output can control a serial transistor with line for pulse-mode dialing (also need for flash-function)
12 - DTMF audio frequency output for tone dialing
13 - mode control by hardwiring (when this input is High (connect to Vdd), You can dialing in pulse mode, when Low (connect to Vss),only in DTMF.
See this application,this is another type with speech-circuit, but maybe a good startpoint....

Attachments

• speech.GIF
    speech.GIF
    38.7 KB · Views: 832
Need Schematic

I want to connect a telephone line to my alarm system.
It should connect to one of the outputs of my alarm system.
When the zone is triggered it will automatically dial two preset
numbers with a voice message. Does any one have any schematic
that I could look at?
Thanks
John
jwdryden@roadrunner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back