Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto servo controller, need help with the 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxglobal

I think im working with a 12V servo, is there any chance these servos in car headlights are 5V>??? how would i test that.

anyways ive mentioned it before, i want to be able to move these servos through some sort of controller.

I need some help with the circuit board, i dont understand how the 555 circuit could send the signal, i need it to be variable via pot switch or any other variable 3 prong switch.

The servos i have look like this, they are these,, just waiting to get them from BC, Canada.

They have 3 plugs on the back, i think they are DC motors for sure.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
Ciprian[/img]

You are assuming they are driven with PWM, like a hobby servo. Without specs on the pinout and drive circuit, it's impossible to tell how these servos are adjusted. Do you have any other information on these things. Anyone else try a similar project with these adjusters?

yes thats what im assuming.... i hope thats how they are driven....

im really not sure about the specs of these.

once i get them i will open them up .. will that tell anything?? i will take pics of the circuit board.

I know r/c servos use constant power and a signal, these must be similar, they are dc motors for sure Im not sure on the control board tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back