Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio detection timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

goompa

Hi there. I'm working on a project that listens to the left audio port on a PC (PC1).
If there is sound from PC2 then I'd like an led to be on.
If the led is on I'd like a timer to be at zero.
If there is no sound I would like a timer to start.
If the timer hits 30 seconds i would like the circuit to short the power pins on another PC (lets call this PC2).
If the light comes back on then I'd like the timer to go back to zero.

I need the output of PC1 and PC2 to play through to a transmitter.

If PC1 starts making sound again (the led lights up) I'd like the circuit to wait 30 seconds and then short the power pins on PC2, shutting it down and setting the timer at 0.

I started one quite complicated project using chips and programming but the guy that designed it and was going to program the chip ran out of time.

It's better for me and timing to build a circuit that uses very simple methods.

Please take noise into consideration.
If you consider me as a thickie you will be doing fine.

Thanks so much for your help.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back