Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATOM Diy module

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used an ST901T in one of my modules works great lots of rpm in my chainsaw :) so as an alternative it will work in place of D1071

Made a module for a buddies saw and for some reason had to switch wires around do I leave the spike protector the same or do I flip it to. Also noticed that it reads a resistance of 3.10 both ways normally diode should only read 1 way.

You have a problem some where. The diode out of circuit should read about 20 ohms one way & infinity the other. As an assembled unit mine read 20 ohms one way & 90 ohms the other way.

when i hooked module up to saw there was a faint spark when i hooked gnd up did i damage module? and thats why spark is weak and weird readings on diode? the saw runs with wires switched seems like no top end but i do have wrong plug in engine which makes difference

also im using a DPDT switch so can switch from points to module with switch 1 way module is in use and points disconnected and with switch other way then points in use and module disconnected the coil is middle pin on switch. if i damaged something on module to make spark weaker what should i change or check on module?

Last edited:
Looks like everything is fine soldered new transistors in same outcome um so for some reason wants to run with wires switched do I leave the diode alone or switch it to? Also the points side is still stronger more rpm then module. I'm thinking timing related this flywheel has tighter gap on magnets

Last edited:
Have you wired the spike protector to the module around the wrong way? Perhaps post pictures of your module.

Not that I know off. But some pictures of your module & the chainsaw flywheel & Coil might be of some help.

those Nova Modules i dont think have timing resistors what would happen if it was just the switching transistor and the bc337. i have a pic of a blue coil taken apart and those 2 components where only thing inside no caps or resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back